Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hypomanic, addicted to caffeine now, what's next?

Hi, my dear friends!
For the last 4 days i was not writing, working so hard, and developed a new thing - caffeine through coffee, diet cokes, energy drinks, sugar, etc.
So, my topic is, what do we do when we hate our meds' effect and try to do anything to feel hypomanic. As I saw in the poll, handling depression is very hard, it's easier when you and your partner is full of joy. Not manic and not depressed, but a functioning hypomanic.
I love this feeling. It has been a vicious cycle for me: hard drugs, sober, extreme exercising, prescription pills, food, planning/scheduling, puking, drinking wine, traveling, shopping, taking pictures, I can even obsess over the Internet, now it's Mafia Wars on tagged and caffeine. it never ends. It only takes another form. Even a healthy thing like exercise becomes an obsession. Each "thing" lasts from a couple days to months until i get bored with it and wait to find something new. I heard the same from my clients who have Dual diagnosis with Bipolar and Addiction. Anyone wants to share their vicious cycles,l or give me an advice or support?

2 comments:

  1. This almost sounds like me. I try to maintain a balanced mood but its diffficult. Work is very stressful, raising 2 teenagers is also stressful, money problems, have an older daughter that is a drug addict and a brother that is also a drug/alcohol addict. I drink some but not very much, maybe a couple of beers or a mixed drink. Dont think this is a problem. I take Cymbalta/seroquel, battle with an attitude of I dont care about much. My house is a mess, my office is a mess and I dont have the energy to clean either. Does anyone else suffer from attitudes and just cant get motivated to do the things you used to enjoy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fiance has no motivation right to do things we normally enjoy.. he's taking seroquel and lithium... the doctor reduced serequel because it was making his moods flutuate because of his tiredness/

    ReplyDelete