Sunday, May 3, 2009

What not to say when someone is depressed!

From my own experience and many others that's what I learned. Add to the list, let's make it bigger!

1. Pull yourself together.
2. No one ever said life was fair.
3. You've got so much going for you. What do you have to be depressed about?
4. Everything will be alright.
5. It could be worse.
6. At least it's nothing serious.
7. You're not going to do anything stupid are you?
8. This too shall pass.
9. You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself, there are others much worse off than you.
10. You think YOU'VE got problems... let me tell you what's going on with me!
11. Chill! Don't take things so personally.
12. Well, everybody gets depressed sometimes.
13. It's time for you pick yourself up and get going again.
14. You don't need medicine, just exercise and get enough sleep.
15. Happiness is a choice.
16. What's wrong with you?
17. Why do you always do that?
18. Oh, not again!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post, the #1 thing not to say is what I've been hearing all week. Because of the anxiety aspect of bipolar, my mind is reeling with over exagerations, overthought, and deluded reasoning, if not careful. But I'm pretty aware, unless I become to unstable, that these things are happening, so don't tell me the obvious. Tell me what I need to do to get myself together. Tools, etc. Anyway, I like your blog and thought I would give it a follow. I am having a hard time working my blog site on blogger but if you don't mind checking out my blog and let me know what you think? Its still in the early stages but it chronicles a day in the life of someone with schizo-affective bipolar. And if you don't care for it, or my other blog, that's ok! No pressure.

    https://shimmeringsoul26mylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete